Service Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Service Reliability Engineer (SRE)
We’re fanatical about stopping fraud at iovation – we have to be. Startups, Fortune 500 companies and everything in between rely on us to stop fraud and abuse from destroying their businesses. We've spent the last twelve years developing award-winning technologies that now stop more than 250,000 fraudulent activities every day. Clients leverage our device-based intelligence network of 3 billion devices and 30 million client-reported fraud and abuse reports. Our challenge at iovation is to make amazing tools and help people put them to work.
As a Service Reliability Engineer, you will be working side-by-side with our Engineering, QA and Infrastructure teams making meaningful contributions to iovation’s core services. We use many cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Cassandra and ElasticSearch to fight fraud at lightning speed.
- Work with teams throughout the organization to help design, build and maintain our critical systems
- Create and improve tools for managing, testing and measuring usage of our systems
- Work with open source tools and projects with the freedom to contribute changes back to the community
- Provide input on best practices for operation and design of our systems
- Troubleshoot issues with our systems at all levels of the stack (hardware, network, OS and application)
- Work with the team to standardize practices for managing systems and services
- Participate in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation (normally on-call once every 9 weeks)
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in system/application operations
- Demonstrated experience operating web services in a production environment
- Demonstrated experience using a relational database ly MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Demonstrated experience with systems management tools, including Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Practical knowledge of one or more scripting languages, including Bash, Ruby, Python or Perl
- Demonstrated experience performing root cause analysis
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Limited experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Effective problem solving, communication and documentation skills
- Experience troubleshooting and/or building systems in the JVM
- Open source project contributor
- Familiarity with Java debugging tools
- Familiarity with operating software based on Spring Cloud and/or associated components
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience operating Apache Cassandra in a production environment
- Experience operating Elastic Search, Lucene, Solr or Katta in a production environment
- Experience operating containers (Docker, rkt) in a production setting
- Experience using Kubemetes, Marathon, Docker Swarm or other container management platform
Here are some of the tools we use:
- Java, Groovy, Ruby, Python, Perl, Git, Go
- Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Redis, ActiveMQ, Hadoop
- Puppet, Rundeck, Docker, Kubemetes, CentOS
- Sensu, Collectd, Graphite, JMX
- JIRA, Confluence, Stash
Frequent sitting, hearing and talking; intermittent standing and walking; intermittent bending and twisting of the upper body (in the event of traveling/working from remote locations). Close detail work requiring visual acuity.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
iovation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.