Senior Forensics Analyst
Senior Forensics Analyst
iovation is in the business of making the Internet a safer place. We've spent the last thirteen years developing award-winning technologies that now stop more than 300,000 fraudulent activities every day for our clients around the world. We help protect retailers, banks, insurers, gaming operators, dating sites, social networks and other businesses from credit card fraud, identity theft, account takeover and other abuses. Clients leverage our device-based intelligence network of 3 billion devices and 30 million client-reported fraud and abuse reports. Our challenge at iovation is to make amazing tools and help people put them to work.
The Forensics Analyst will build a deep expertise in iovation’s data and then turn that into insightful, valuable and actionable information for internal and external constituents.
To understand the challenges our clients face in fighting fraud, and how we are helping them, you will be immersed in the data – scouring it for trends, patterns and relationships – to find answers and opportunities. Your results will impact clients and iovation alike. Examples include examining the behaviors and attributes of devices that indicate high risk activity and making recommendations to the appropriate constituents. For clients, this may be showing how they can enhance and optimize their use of iovation and quantifying the business value of iovation’s services. For internal teams, this will include providing suggestions for product and technology enhancements including device recognition, business rules and other tools. This requires the ability to present findings that can be easily understood, as well as illustrated in a concise and compelling fashion for the various audiences. As important, the Forensics Analyst will work collaboratively with sales, marketing and client services to advance iovation’s reputation as a thought leader around fraud prevention and fraud detection strategies.
- Proactively evaluate data for trends, data combinations, etc. that can lead to new ways of assisting iovation’s clients to maximize their fraud catch or gain operational efficiencies in their fraud management processes.
- Understand client use cases in order to extract meaningful information from the data.
- Develop approaches to presenting data to clients that quantifies the power and value of iovation.
- Provide insightful information for use by Marketing, Sales, and Client Services.
- Work collaboratively with the Analytics and Reporting teams to ensure data insights are efficiently and effectively shared amongst the various internal stakeholders.
- As required, participate in client or prospect meetings (phone, webinar or in-person) to understand business issues or present data findings.
- Execute assigned analyses effectively, while also making critical recommendations based on results and observations.
- Proactively be aware of possible data anomalies or data integrity issue and repair them or report them to the appropriate group to repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Engineering, Math, Economics or other Quantitative Field or the equivalent
- One to three years of relevant experience in applied statistics and/or data analysis.
- Exceptional Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Strong understanding of statistics and how to apply statistics to solve business problems.
- Proven ability to transform raw data into pertinent results and actionable recommendations.
- Consistently deliver high quality and accurate quantitative results.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong Communication/Presentation Skills
- Interacting via phone, web or in person skills
- Proven ability to organize and present analytical findings and recommendations in a concise manner (both verbal and written).
- Ability to present complex information and solutions in a format that non-technical and non-analytical audiences can understand and, where appropriate, is actionable.
- Easily communicate complex concepts
- Solid Organization and Multi-Tasking Abilities
- Ability to effectively manage priorities and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and under limited supervision.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities effectively, demonstrating flexibility and cooperation.
- Strong Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
- Operates effectively in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Data ‘Hungry”
- Understand what things mean in isolation as well as in the larger context, find hidden meanings and connections, intuitively understand when something doesn’t fit and drive to understand why
- Data analysis, statistics
- Presentation Development
- Microsoft Power Point for constructing presentations
- Working knowledge of Bash, Python and/or similar scripting language
- Familiarity with financial services, insurance or ecommerce industries.
- Experience in building and using statistical models.
- Experience working in a Linux environment and/or querying relational databases.
- Exposure to predictive modeling and data mining techniques.
- Experience in relational database structures, research methods, sampling techniques, and system testing. Proficient in working with large-scale business data sets, fluent in scripting and rapid prototyping skills.
Frequent sitting, listening and talking; intermittent standing and walking; intermittent bending and twisting of the upper body (in the event of traveling/working from remote locations). Close detail work requiring visual acuity.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
iovation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.